Monday, September 7, 2009

Upsized.

The other day I found out that I was taller than I thought I was.

One *whole* centimetre taller.  I am officially over 1.5m now...  Quick, sign me up for basketball - immediately, if not sooner! Basketball teams need at least one short person... those giant people need armrests, don't they?

That 1cm means a lot to me.. it takes me 1cm further away from ever being classified a midget (140cms, btw) or a dwarf (147cms (cripes.. that was a close one)). Hmmm, something to look forward to when I get old and start shrinking.

Sadly, this additional 1cm does not make other people any shorter.  I know kids who, at 13, are taller then me (bastards).  Granted, I think I stopped growing around that age, so I don't know why I am continually surprised by young kids towering over me.


Oooh!! With this extra 1cm, I wonder what grown-up rides I can get onto now!! *claps excitedly*

3 comments:

  1. Perhaps you are short in stature, but you are larger than life to me! Your intelligence and wit, your charm and compassion has you head and shoulders above many others.

    Those who know you think you much, much taller than the measuring tape implies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you find this extra 1cm?

    ReplyDelete