Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Bane Of My Existence.

Headphones.

They are out to get me. I shit you not.

I just look at them and they tangle. iPod, mobile phone, computer... doesn't matter what they are attached to, they instantly become a mess of cords the minute I am within 10m of them. In fact, I think they plot against me and take part in 'Operation: Mega-Tangle' just me to piss me off.

They get caught on everything in my bag, and get caught on the bag itself when I am taking them out for use. They get caught on my jacket, in my scarf, on seats, railings, plants, the treadmill... It is just ridiculous the amount of untangling I have to do on a daily basis. I am pretty sure it takes up at least 5 hours of my day.

Maybe they don't really mean it. Maybe they are just a pawn in Technology's evil game to kill me (through sheer frustration).

So, as I am doomed to be in an eternal struggle with headphones, I went and bought hot pink ones, so I have something pretty to look at...


... while wanting to rip them apart, stab them with a fork, drown them in water, bury them in wet cement, and run them over with a steam-roller*.





*Wow.. I am getting violent in my old age. Should maybe see someone about that..

3 comments:

  1. Damnit! If they can put a man on the moon, why the hell can't they make untangling earphones??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!

    And yes, I have seen those retractable ones, but that should be a standard feature on *all* headphones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They exist, check out Sony's in ear buds, or get really good headphones that cover your ears instead?

    ReplyDelete