Friday, April 17, 2009

ATM Machine Machines*

I love it how people, when using an ATM and are informed they have insufficient funds, proceed to stare in an accusatory way at the machine. Like, "What did you do with all my money?!? I am sure I had money left after several rounds at the pub, a pit stop at 7 Eleven and a cab ride home....".

I was at the fantastic Macquarie Centre today (that one's for you Mez!) and was in line for the ATM. A lady in front of me did this. And when she stepped away, receipt in hand, she turned and looked at the machine again (clearly in case it was running away with her money clenched in its fist).

These poor machines cop a lot of crap from people. The evil stares, punching the keypad when angry at lack of dollars, being blown up by thieves and dragged away... Poor things! No wonder they steal your money.



* I say it that way because when people say "I need an ATM machine" people respond "Derrr, you are saying automatic teller machine machine". So that is now what I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment